(16) JUNIOR MEN & YOUTHS INTER-COUNTY, NEWHAM, 5TH AUGUST 1972
(17) SOUTHERN WOMENS INTER-COUNTY, CRAWLEY 12TH AUGUST 1972
A cold, wet day - not very good for competition, but our girls performed very well. Surrey just failed to make a "clean sweep" of it, though right up to the last event there was a possibility of winning each age group.
The Seniors made sure of a win by outclassing all opposition and with 99 points were 49 points of second county Middlesex. The Intermediates came second with 39 points behind Hampshire on 43 points. The Juniors were equal second with Essex on 35 points with Kent winning with 40 points.
Best Championship Performances were set by Barbara Inkpen (AFD) with 1.79m in the High Jump; Barbara Cook (Redhill & Reigate) in the 3000m walk with 16:14 and Julie King (Croydon) with 34.56m in the Junior Javelin. PERFORMANCES BY SURREY ATHLETES AND PARTIAL TEAM SCORES.
(18) OLYMPIC GAMES, MUNICH, GERMANY, 31ST AUGUST / 9TH SEPTEMBER 1972
(19) WOMENS INTER-COUNTY AGAINST WARWICKSHIRE & YORKSHIRE, SOLIHULL, 30TH SEPTEMBER 1972
(20) AAA JUNIOR & YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS, KIRKBY, 30TH SEPTEMBER 1972